The Twittersphere has been full of reaction to the news that Facebook is rolling out Graph Search, a shiny new tool that allows you to search for people, photos and places based on information shared by your circle of friends.
The quick run-down:
- People – Looking for a friend to go to the new indie film or niche concert with? Or for someone to check out the new gym or dance club with? Now you can sort people based on specific interests and refine or expand your search with filters based on profile information.
- Photos – The photo search will allow you to find pictures taken by you or your friends of a certain location, with specific people or within a precise time frame.
- Places – You’ll be able to search for anything from restaurants to dentists to shops and get recommendations based on what your friends like and trust.
Here are a few great articles we’ve seen on Graph Search, how it will work and how it may impact digital marketing:
- Graph Search: The Back Story
- How Graph Search Will Work
- What You Can Find on Graph Search
- What Graph Search Means for Marketers
- Why Graph Search is Important
We can’t wait to try it out!